So, What Does Cause Us to Die?
There are four principle things that cause us to die and five other significant contributing factors we need to work to live a happy, active, and long life.
The four principle causes of death by old age are:
agethe body loses its ability to clean out dead cells These “zombie cells” pump out inflammatory compounds. Excess mTorsignaling in our cells (a protein that regulates cell growth). This mTor is Needed to fuel rapid growth from birth to skeletal maturity (adulthood). It does not turn off and can fuel the rapid growth of cancer cells.
- NAD+ is a co-enzyme essential for cell function, DNA repair
andsystemic life sustenance. It is almost gone at age 80 (2% left
- Compromised immune system including a non-functioning thymus gland after age 70
The five significant contributing factors we need to address are:
- Inflammation throughout the body; a natural defense against infection. This inflammation response can get stuck in high gear as we age
- Reduced stem cell activation potential and/or death
- Loss of muscle mass. 50 percent of muscle is lost by age 80
- Damage caused by free radicals that interfere with our DNA
Of course, there are other things that can complicate controlling the major factors above, but these are some of the easiest to control once you are truly committed to living a longevity lifestyle. These include:
- Lack of sufficient sleep and deep sleep
- Heavy metal, pesticides, and contaminant poisoning
- Alcohol or another toxin ingestion
- Unhealthy diet
The Asher Longevity Institute has taken the principle causes of death and the other contributing factors and developed the “Nine Steps to Longevity”. Our program is developed to explore these steps in great detail, bringing you the best information, supplements, and recommendations to live a long, healthy, and active life.
- Get sufficient sleep and deep sleep
- Eat a healthy diet
- Eat a diet tuned for optimum microbiome health
- Keep standard biomarkers in the optimum range
- Take a few appropriate supplements to ward off disease
- Take four prescription drugs with adjuvant therapies to reduce incidence of cancer
- Take a few supplements and drugs and implement therapies that slow down the four principle causes of aging
- Rejuvenate stem cells
- Utilize the appropriate emerging medical protocols/therapies that greatly extend life