Reverse Aging Breakthrough: Things You Can Do Today!
Concerns about aging are certainly nothing new, but these days, due to the pandemic, more people are concerned about aging than ever before. The team from Asher Longevity is often asked: what can I do to reverse the aging process? Since aging can be caused by such a wide range of physical and psychological conditions, it’s normal to feel concerned about the aging process, especially when there’s a global pandemic going on.
How Exactly Does Aging Occur?
Visible signs of age occur because of cells in the body. It’s no secret that our body is made up of 6 million of cells; the old ones are constantly replaced by new ones as we age. However, cells have a set number of times they’re able to multiply before they die, so as you get older, and your body has more and more damaged cells, you’ll physically begin to show signs of aging.
This occurs all throughout the body, from the skin to our internal organs, and the older that we get, the more our body’s tissues begin to change due to the breakdown of cells. An example of this is our skin: as the body begins to age, we begin to have fewer skin cells, which means your skin essentially gets thinner. This results in a reduced amount of elastin in your skin, causing wrinkles and other signs of age.
But there are also other signs of aging in addition to wrinkles, such as sunspots, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone and texture. If you want to look younger, all these things will need to be addressed.
Is it Possible to Reverse the Aging Process?
Of course, it’s not possible to completely reverse the aging process—it’s a fact of life—but there are things one can do to slow it down and prevent age-related diseases. Firstly, living a healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to slow down aging. This includes exercise and maintaining a healthy diet, as well as avoiding excessive sunlight. Doing so helps you build and maintain the muscle mass that helps keep the skin tight.
There are also a variety of cosmetic procedures (which we’ll address below) as well as skin care products that help reduce things like fine lines and wrinkles. These products often include things like Vitamin C, retinol, hyaluronic acid, and other ingredients that will help make your skin appear more youthful and vibrant.
What Procedures Can Help Reduce the Aging Process?
As mentioned above, there are some dermatological procedures that can help reduce the aging process and make you look younger. They’re performed by a dermatologist or medical practitioner and can also help prevent future skin issues. They include:
• Stem Cell Rejuvenation: Stem cell rejuvenation is becoming ever more popular as it moves from the research stage into more mainstream medicine. In addition to offering anti-aging benefits, stem cell rejuvenation can also offer protection from blood diseases, some skin cancers, bone and skin diseases, and immune system disorders.
• Young Blood Plasma Treatment: Research has found that plasma infusions of young blood plasma can also help minimize the aging process. These treatments can yield great short-term results because they infuse the blood and body with many of the various enzymes, proteins, and antibodies that help control aging and overall health.
• Fraxel Treatment: This is a common treatment to address hyperpigmentation and sun damage, as well as acne scars and wrinkles in the skin. It’s a non-invasive laser treatment and can have dramatic results. This is because as the body works to repair the tiny injuries on the skin caused by the laser, it also works to grow new skin cells and heal the older damage present on the skin.
• Thermage: This is a type of treatment that employs radiofrequency technology and heats the inner layers of your skin, tightening it and promoting new collagen growth. Additionally, the heat from the radio frequencies also tightens the existing collagen in the skin, providing more immediate results. Traditionally, patients will have such a procedure performed around every year and a half or so, making it a minor inconvenience for such great results.
• Neuromodulators: There are several neuromodulators that are commonly used, Botox being the most well-known. However, Dysport and Xeomin are also used frequently as well. These neuromodulators are delivered in the form of injections that help smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles in your skin and create a more youthful appearance. However, these injections can also prevent future signs of aging by limiting muscle movement, which in turn can stop lines and wrinkles from forming in the future.
• Dermal Fillers: This treatment addresses the sunken, gaunt look that can happen as we age, due to the breakdown of collagen in places like the lips and cheeks. There are several different dermal fillers that help to plump up these areas and make them look more vibrant. Although it doesn’t necessarily reverse the aging process, it will create the appearance of a more youthful look.
Other Ways to Slow Down the Aging Process
In addition to the treatments mentioned above, there are some other ways you can reverse the aging process or slow it down on your own. One of the most important things is to steer clear of bad eating habits. This is because often when we don’t eat healthily, it affects the number of much-needed antioxidants in the body. This speeds up the breakdown and damage of skin cells. Additionally, avoiding smoking and drinking is another good way to ensure your skin looks youthful, as such things cause fine lines and wrinkles and can make your skin look duller. Lastly, reducing your exposure to sunlight and always wearing sunscreen when out in the sun is the best way to minimize sun damage, which results in sunspots, wrinkles, and poor skin texture.
Contact us for more about our reverse aging breakthrough!